Monday, October 8, 2007

Blind and Sick

Basically in the last 2 hours my eye has become clearly infected as it is scaring my roommate and I've suddenly gotten sick with a runny nose and general congestion. Being in New York for the past week, I have been all over the place. The possibility of me moving there has become greater. hmmm.
The only show that I was able to catch was Bloc Party at msg. It was good. Not amazing. But definitely entertaining. Sounded great live, I'll give them that. The crowd could have been more into it. Strange mix of ppl. I scalped my ticket, and the guy who sold me his said he had to go watch the Cubs game on tv. Cubs? Do ppl actually care? i guess so. I don't.
I didn't catch Tokyo Police Club at all because I was too busy drinking before the show. I think it was for the best.

My final review of the show? Eh. Entertaining. Glad to be drunk for it. Not worth what I paid for it. The end.



I have been 1) too lazy and 2) somewhat sick to go to the many shows that seemed to be going on. I have been enjoying the Modeselektor , Happy Birthday album. I had it for awhile but never got around to really listen to it. Its definitely interesting in the genre aspect. Hard to classify. But whether it be the electronic beats with a hop or techno, it seems to work and come together. The album has songs featuring Thom Yorke, Maximo Park, Puppetmastaz. Interesting. My eye hurts. I'm gonna go do something about it. Here's Modeselektor's music video for "Black Block"



Hunting For Witches - Bloc Party

Happy Birthday - Modeselektor
The First Rebirth - Modeselektor

No comments: