Thursday, September 27, 2007

Disco Is SHIT (Not Disco Balls)


So according to Shitdisco's myspace, their North American toured has been canceled. Shit! Thats lame. Apparently band member Joel has gotten violently sick and the doctor's don't know what is wrong with him. Thats unfortunate.
Seeing them was my motivation to go to the Klaxons show here at the Vic next week. I should have gone to see them in Shoreditch, London, but instead went to the lame club Mahiki in Mayfair pretending to be rich. Should I still go see the Klaxons? Eh. Maybe. We'll see, since I'll be getting back to Chi from New York that day.

I do like dancing thoug
h. Which is why my roommate and I have no pants dance parties every night. Or at least nights we drink. Or ok, every night. People are more than welcome to come to our no pants dance parties, and I will dj and it will be sick. That was irrelevant to this post.

Kung Fu - Shitdisco
Reactor Party - Shitdisco

From when I thought the only hot music coming out of France was electro and house and Justice and danceable beats, this french folk singer girl, Soko grabbed my attention. Maybe I have a soft side for people with cute accents. But even though this song is about killing a girl, it makes me happy. Does that make sense at all? It makes murder or the thought of murder sound beautiful. Damn I wish I wanted to kill someone right now.



I'll Kill Her - Soko

No comments: